Sometimes injury may cause to Hip or Hip pain can be easily eliminated by simple home remedies or medicines. But if any alternative method does not support, you have to consult to an orthopedic doctor. He may consult a hip replacement surgery to you. Thus, you have to follow these Precautions after Hip Replacement Surgery that doctor tells you.
Below are the precautions need to be followed after hip replacement surgery:
- Do not cross your legs when you are sitting, standing or lying down.
- Sit in a firm chair with a straight back and armrests.
- Avoid soft chairs, rocking chairs, stools, or sofas.
- Do not cross your legs.
- Avoid chairs that are too low. Your hips should be higher than your knees when you are sitting.
- Do not drive until your doctor says you may.
- Do not dress standing up. Sit on a chair or the edge of your bed, if it is stable.
- Try not to sit in the same position for more than 30 to 40 minutes at a time.
- You must have a pillow between your thighs if you lie on your side.
- Lie on your back while resting in bed. Keep a pillow between your thighs to prevent your knees from touching.
- When you are bathing or showering, do not sit in the bottom of a regular bathtub. You may stand in the shower if you like. You can also use a special tub seat or a stable plastic chair for sitting in the shower.
If you follow all above precautions recommended by your doctor then chances of your recovery will be faster.
For more information or to book an appointment with Dr. Kunal Patel, you may contact him on the following number below:
Call at :+91-(22)-2805 3021.
You may also read:
Precautions after Hip Replacement Surgery